Get to know more about me...
Over 18 years, I taught myself HTML and CSS to market Cleveland books by assisting great local authors with their social media and web presence.
Currently, I am enrolled in the Tech Elevator 14 week Java Web Application Bootcamp, where I plan to build on my joy of coding, love or creating, and desire to solve problems. I am seeking a Junior Front End Developer position where I can work with a team that is interested in learning new skills, inspired to create and innovate, and wants to build cool stuff.
If you see a potential fit, or would like to connect, please message me.
Learn more about my experience...
Started marketing Cleveland books, looking to utilize programming skills learned at Tech Elevator to build on a joy of coding, creating, and problem solving to become a junior java developer on a team of passionate and creative developers interested in learning new skills, keeping up with trends, and building cool stuff.
Tech Elevator, Student: Java Cohort, Cleveland, OH — 2016-Present
- Java Language Fundamentals: variables, data types, loops, conditional statements, exception handling, collections framework, I/O
- Object Oriented Programming: classes and objects, interfaces, access modifiers, packages, the Java classpath, class modeling, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism, UML class diagrams
- Database Programming: JDBC, JPA (Hibernate), table design and creation, SQL queries and DML, PostgreSQL, E/R diagrams
- Development tools and techniques: unit testing (JUnit), TDD, unix command line navigation, Git, Eclipse
Gray & Company, Publishers, Digital Marketing, Cleveland, OH — 1998-2016
- Built and designed company web site using HTML, CSS, and FileMaker databases, also managed and maintained updates, fixes, and feature requests via Coda
- Organized and designed promotional materials, coordinated and scheduled events, and managed book sales partnerships for appearances for 40+ authors
- Crafted content, designed assets, and implemented social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter in conjunction with product releases, special offers, and timely content
- Planned, managed, and researched office logistics for 6 full-time and part-time employees
Burning River Sports, Co-owner, Cleveland, OH — 2002-2005
- Built, managed and maintained company web site using HTML and CSS
- Organized, scheduled, and coordinated dozens of local social and sport events in Greater Cleveland
- Designed marketing materials and promotional giveaways using Adobe InDesign
Signatures Network, Merchandising Assistant, San Francisco, CA — 2005-2009
- Assisted with inventory supply and management, venue transactions, and logistics for Coldplay concert tours in the summers of 2006, 2008, and 2009 in the United States and Canada
Proficient in Mac OS X, Microsoft Word editing & mail merges, Microsoft Excel, Adobe InDesign, FileMaker Pro database management, Wordpress installation & maintenance, Coda, Google Docs
Learn more about what I have created...